who can fix babel-french incompatibility with crossreftools

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 00:00:53 CEST 2019

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 at 22:39, Zdenek Wagner <zdenek.wagner at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> this is not just a problem of French, Czech and Slovak activates a
> hyphen, Latin has active characters, Slovak even activates ^ which
> makes sequences like ^^A and ^^cd unavailable (and it cannot be solved
> by \string). I am afraid that many other clashes can occur.

If they are babel shorthands defined by the babel declarations so
their active definition starts with \active at prefix
I do not see why the code that I suggested should not work. As you see
there is nothing specific to : or French in the suggested addition.
If you have an example where it does fail I'd be happy to have a look

David