Updating basictex did not trigger format rebuild

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Oct 13 14:34:39 CEST 2019

Hi Karl,

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019, Karl Berry wrote:
> I think we originally had that option only for installation time,

Not sure about that, a git blame tlmgr.pl shows that the lines under
discussion are there since 2009 (svn 13671) so it has been like this for
quite some time ;-)

> So, Norbert, maybe it would be better for package updates to also ignore
> create_formats, and for it only to apply at installation? Wdyt? --thanks, k.

Then we could drop that option completely from the tlpdb, as it is only
an installation option. But I am not convinced that we should do that.
There might be other reasons (portable? read only? ...) that this option
is set.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev