Hyperref change breaks every document that I'm writing!

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at skimble.plus.com
Tue Oct 8 05:12:02 CEST 2019

Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> writes:

Thanks for replying Karl.

>     Installing TeX Live 2019 from: http://ctan.cs.uu.nl/systems/texlive/tlnet
>
> That mirror does appear to be up to date.
> http://ctan.cs.uu.nl/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive/?C=M;O=A
> (scroll to the bottom) shows that latex.tar.xz and all related dated
> October 5, as they should be. What does
>   tlmgr info latex
> report? It should be "revision: 52286".

revision 52286

> Assuming that's current, maybe you have an old .fmt file shadowing the
> one that (hopefully) got rebuilt. Try:
>   kpsewhich --all -engine=/ pdflatex.fmt
>
> And then ls -l on the results. Normally there should only be one, and it
> should have the same October 5 (plus/minus depending on time zones) date.

pdflatex.fmt = Oct 7 0806 which tallies with me completing updating on
Monday Oct 7 @ 0807.

So it seems that I do have a fully updated texlive installation, hooray!

Thanks all.
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 10.1, fluxbox 1.3.7, emacs 26.3, org 9.2.6