Hyperref change breaks every document that I'm writing!

Marcel Fabian Krüger tex at 2krueger.de
Mon Oct 7 12:49:27 CEST 2019

On Mon, Oct 07, 2019 at 11:17:25AM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:

> Since the hyperref changes and using the new hyperref every document
> that I'm writing is now broken!
>
> This is what it shows when trying to use a table of contents
>
> --------------------
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> \Ginclude at graphics ...\Ginput at path \set at curr@file
>                                                   {#1}\edef \uq at curr@file {\...
> l.87 \tableofcontents
> --------------------
>
> and if I disable the table of contents, then it breaks on footnotes.
>
> -----------------------
> ! Undefined control sequence.
> l.177 ...ou'll have to do a little digging. \uline
>                                                   {Message me} \footnote{\ur...

Hey,

the problem seems to be that you didn't do a full update so you ended up
with inconsistant versions. The new version of the graphics bundle needs
the new LaTeX kernel. So please update `latex` or, if `latex` already is
up-to-date, try rebuilding your format (`fmtutil-sys --byfmt latex`).

Best regards,
Marcel