Bad data in tlnet mirror

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Nov 29 00:09:19 CET 2019

    http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/CTAN/
    http://vesta.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/ftp/pub/mirror/ctan

Both those mirrors look up to date to me.

    Installing [0063/3885, time/total: 00:16/29:44]: afm2pl [50k]
    TLUtils::check_file: checksums differ for /tmp/5oI2BZ9gkd/JXQ9WDg8JE/afm2pl.tar.xz:

It seems strange to me that the error didn't happen until package #63,
and with afm2pl (which has not been updated), but anyway, I surmise this
is somehow related to the "versioned containers". I described it here
  http://tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html#verpkg
but that's about updating an existing installation, not creating a new one.

    to install texlive.

So you're doing an initial installation from your mirror? Are you using
the install-tl that is part of the mirror, or an older version from
somewhere else, perchance? The line numbers don't seem quite current.

FWIW, I just tried an installation using the install-tl in tlnet now,
and it went through ok. --best, karl.