fixing kpathsea

N. Andrew Walsh n.andrew.walsh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 14:31:52 CET 2019

Hi Norbert,

On Sat, Nov 16, 2019 at 4:58 AM Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:

> BUT, there are other problems:
> - env variable TEXMFCNF, which includes the TUG version
> - user permissions.
>
> I first wanted to get the first fixed, and get updates of the system
> packages working. Then one can look at problems in the local install.

Sorry for the delay. I've now completely deleted the TUG texlive
installation from [$HOME], and have reinstalled it as a regular user.

> files, ...)
>
> >   grep -r tex-local /etc
> >   grep -r tex-local /root
>
> That is probably a good idea ...

doing this as root didn't help, but doing 'grep tex-local .*' in my [$HOME]
as a regular user returned two lines in ~/.profile, where that variable
appears to be set. I've now commented those lines out.

I was then able to install texlive-basic from the gentoo package tree
successfully.

*Cripes*. Sorry for all the trouble. Now, I have the TUG texlive installed
in a local directory, and have the system one installed in the system
directories. Norbert, is there anything I need to do further to get these
two systems working together?

Thanks again for all your help.