fixing kpathsea

Lars Madsen daleif at math.au.dk
Thu Nov 14 09:27:15 CET 2019

what do you mean by root terminal

if you run that export line just as root, then that change does not affect your user only the root user in that terminal.

running that export command as just your own user should work, but it again only affects stuff you start from that terminal as you.

you make it permanent add the export tine to a profile file (I don't know if gentoo does things different than ubuntu), I tend to add it to both my .profile and .bashrc (just the latter is generally not enough as things started from a menu does not use spawn a bash shell), and the former is not enough if you also ssh into your box.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University