Dependencies

Xiangdong Zeng xdzeng96 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 17:10:24 CET 2019

> > - environ
> >
> > It's no longer needed as xparse has defined the `b` type.
> >
> > - xcjk2uni
> >
> > It's still needed when compiled with pdfLaTeX and PDF output.
>
> Notes/test I have from Qing Lee say 'In pdftex, they can be only used
> with dvipdfmx driver.': has this changed?

This is still the case, i.e. [.tex] -> pdflatex -> [.dvi] -> dvipdfmx ->
[.pdf]

> > - zhmetrics-uptex
> > - platex-tools (pxeverysel)
> >
> > They are required when compiled with upLaTeX.
>
> Same notes say 'ctex only supports pdftex, xetex and luatex'. Again, has
> there been a change here?

 ctex has supported uptex since v2.4 (2016.04), but I'm not sure why Qing
Lee hasn't modify the .lvt file.

At present, when using fontset=fandol (as in the test), ctex document can
be compiled with:

- xelatex
- lualatex
- latex + dvipdfmx
- uplatex + dvipdfmx
- platex-ng (i.e. aplatex)

Directly using pdflatex is *not* supported.