Close: TeX Live 2019 severe issue: destroyed page formatting of the geometry package

Werner Simbuerger werner.simbuerger at hppi.de
Wed May 15 00:20:53 CEST 2019

Hi Enrico,

we can close the case.

With large documents I can confirm, that my inconsistent page layout
("Package Fancyhdr Warning: \headheight is too small (12.0pt)")
was the root cause for the wrong page formatting in TL 2019.
In TL 2018 the inconsistent page layout did not cause a problem.
Maybe TL 2019 is less tolerant or behaves different in handling the page
layout inconsistency regarding the specific package interaction between
"fancyhdr" and "geometry".

However,  in my case, changing

\geometry{a4paper,tmargin=35mm,bmargin=20mm,lmargin=15mm,rmargin=15mm,headsep=25mm,footskip=8mm}

\geometry{a4paper,left=14mm,right=14mm,top=38mm,bottom=18mm,head=33mm,headsep=0mm,foot=6mm}

did solve the issue.

Thank you for pointing me to inconsistent page layout.

Best regards,
Werner

**