A compatibility question

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Mon May 6 02:03:26 CEST 2019

Greetings

I have a question about the best practice to make my application
compatible with TeXLive.

I want to combine my bib* scipts (bibdoiadd, bibmradd, bibzbladd) into
a single bibadd binary.  I want to be able to call it as bibdoiadd,
bibmradd, bibzbladd, with different functionality.

I know how to do this under Unix:  I add to Makefile

ln -s bibadd bibdoiadd
etc

and in the program itself I check $0 to get the name the program was
called.

How to do this in compatible way so it works under Windows?

--
Good luck

-Boris

At once it struck me what quality went to form a man of achievement,
especially in literature, and which Shakespeare possessed so enormously
-- I mean negative capability, that is, when a man is capable of being
in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching
after fact and reason.
		-- John Keats