Open linker issues on FreeBSD

Osipov, Michael michael.osipov at siemens.com
Fri Mar 29 13:52:40 CET 2019

Am 2019-03-28 um 22:19 schrieb Karl Berry:
>      incorrectly linked executables on FreeBSD
>
> Thanks for the report.
>
> I don't use FreeBSD, so I can't solve it, sorry. I can only report that
> Nikola compiled last year's binaries on FreeBSD 10.
> http://anthesphoria.net/FreeBSD/TeXLive-2018/

I talked to Nikola last year about this. It wasn't really clear to him
why this happens at all. I tried the last years with 10.4-STABLE and
11.2-STABLE same outcome. His jail must be different to the libs the
ports system is providing.

> whereas this year's binaries are compiled by Mojca on FreeBSD 11.
> http://dl.contextgarden.net/build/texlive/
> http://build.contextgarden.net/waterfall?tag=c/texlive

I will have a look at this.

> I'm only guessing, but it sounds like using shared lib foo.x on an older
> system may fail on the newest system because only .x+1 is available, or
> because of indirect dependencies (likely through fontconfig) on .x or .x+1.

Shouldn't the case beause the ports system is OS-independent.

Michael