texdoc not working

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Mar 26 21:34:39 CET 2019

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 08:29:42PM +0100, Hendrik Maryns wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a small installation.  I installed texdoc extra:
>
> $ sudo tlmgr install texdoc
> tlmgr install: package already present: texdoc
>
> but
>
> $ texdoc
>
> Opdracht 'texdoc' niet gevonden, maar deze kan worden geïnstalleerd met:
>
> sudo apt install texlive-base
>
> Seems like tlmgr is not putting it in the path?
>
> Please point me somewhere else if that is a better place to get help.

Apparently, you have tlmgr on your path as sudo. Do you maybe have a
different path as sudo than as a normal user? E.g. type
 echo $PATH
and
 sudo echo $PATH

If you just want to get at the installed documentation, then open
doc.html in the root of the installation, which lists all the pdf-
and html documentation.

--
Siep Kroonenberg