pretest, error on Win 8.1

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Wed Mar 20 13:04:59 CET 2019

On Wed, Mar 20, 2019 at 12:45:17PM +0100, Keks Dose wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Full install of pretest today, succesfull, I can compile *.tex files. I called the installer-tl-...bat as admin.
>
> When I open "cmd" as admin, the command "tlmgr --gui" produces an error:
>
> ========================
>
> Cannot load Tk, that should not happen as we ship it!
> How did you start tlmgrgui??
> (Error message: Can't locate Tk.pm in @INC (you may need to install
> the Tk module) (@INC contains:
> C:/ texlive/2019/texmf-dist/scripts/ texlive C:/ texlive/2019/tlpkg
> C:\ texlive\2019\tlpkg\ tlperl\ lib C:/ texlive/2019/tlpkg/ tlperl/site/lib
> C:/ texlive/2019/tlpkg/ tlperl/ lib) at
> C:\ texlive\2019\texmf-dist\ scripts\ texlive\ tlmgr.plline 5093.
> )

> I can open tlmgr gui simply using the start menu of windows, folder "TeX Live 2019" and open the item "TeX Live Manger" as admin. That works.
>
> I have no idea why I get this error message. There is an perl installation on the machine, but in the PATH variable the very first item is "C:\texlive\2019\bin\win32". I did not reboot, though.

The Tk module has been dropped from the TL perl distribution for
windows.  The start menu shortcut starts the replacement tlshell
front end for tlmgr, which does not require the Tk module.

I am going to modify tlmgr.bat to make this clear.

By the way, nowadays few things require a reboot.

--
Siep Kroonenberg