pretesting please

Johannes Hielscher jhielscher at posteo.de
Mon Mar 18 00:10:57 CET 2019

Am Sat, 16 Mar 2019 16:53:40 -0600
schrieb Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:

> Hi everyone - if you have any chance of installing the TL pretest and
> trying it out on your documents, please do!
> http://tug.org/texlive/pretest.html
>
> Every year for a while there have been one or two major bugs that
> aren't found before the release, thus necessitating quick rebuilds.

So now I tried the GUI installer on Linux for the first time, too.
I was surprised about the German localisation (-:
There is a little cosmetic issue (not really impeding quality): the
Tcl GUI treats escape sequences of quotation marks wrongly.

Master/tlpkg/translations/de.po:2087 says
> msgstr "Medium (\"small\" + mehr Pakete und Sprachen)"
and this is displayed as is, including the backslashes in front of the
"'s, instead of adhering to the gettext standard.
No idea if there is a simple fix for that.

Best,
Johannes