PDF viewer that accepts a "starting page" and runs on Windows and Macs

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 19:46:57 CET 2019

Hi Eduardo,

On 07.03.19 03:40, Eduardo Ochs wrote:
> is there a PDF viewer - ideally something that comes with texlive, but
> other ones are ok - that accepts a "starting page" option and that
> runs on Windows and Macs?

Yes, there is. TeXworks (http://www.tug.org/texworks/) can do that with
the -p command line switch. TeXworks is actually a TeX editor, but it
has a built-in PDF viewer that can be used stand-alone. AFAIK, it comes
with texlive on Windows, but it's also available on Mac and several
Linux distros.

_Disclaimer_: I'm one of the programmers.

HTH,
Stefan