[tldev] Suggestion to make "-gui tcl" default installer option (at least on macOS)

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Wed Mar 6 14:11:56 CET 2019

On Mon, Mar 04, 2019 at 02:08:11PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > I have nothing against changing it, but should we make -gui expert use
> > it too? Since it's the generic name, and tcl is the new preferred way ...
>
> Better would be if the installer does
> - check whether tcl/tk library can be loaded -> use tcl/tk installer
> - check whether perl/tk can be loaded -> use perl/tk (already done!)
> - fall back to text mode

Done, r50257.

If under unix/linux/macos the wrapper block fails to start the tcl
gui then it continues with the main installer, and lets it interpret
all parameters as before, i.e. '-gui' without specific value becomes
perltk.

Expert still means perltk, that being my interpretation of
`principle of least surprise'.

--
Siep Kroonenberg