MetaType1 in TeX Live

Marcel Fabian Krüger tex at 2krueger.de
Mon Jun 3 09:34:07 CEST 2019

On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 12:31:32PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Jun 2019, Marcel Fabian Krüger wrote:
> > While the official interface consists of batch scripts, they just glue
> > some AWK scripts and a Perl script together and call MetaPost with the
> > right parameters, so most parts are pretty cross-platform compatible.
>
> The please, if it is so easy, could someone please step forward and
> provide cross platform Perl scripts that does the whole job? We will
> surely incorporate them if they provide extra value.

Personally I will stay away from Perl scripts, mostly because of my very
limited Perl skills. On the other hand, what caused me to start this
a MetaType1 font to a LuaTeX compatible format. (It doesn't create a
freestanding font right now, mostly because I didn't need that yet.)
This is completely cross-platform compatible so maybe that is good
enough. Anyway, I would like to avoid having to copy the existing
MetaType1 MetaPost files.

Best regards,
Marcel