Another issue with luatex finding .sty files

Urs Liska lists at openlilylib.org
Tue Jul 30 17:12:49 CEST 2019

30. Juli 2019 16:42, "Ulrike Fischer" <news3 at nililand.de> schrieb:

> Am Tue, 30 Jul 2019 13:58:54 +0000 schrieb Urs Liska:
>
>> /home/uliska/texmf/tex/latex/git-latex/lyluatex/lyluatex.sty
>>
>> $ kpsewhich --progname xelatex lilyglyphs.sty
>> /home/uliska/texmf/tex/latex/git-latex/lilyglyphs/lilyglyphs.sty
>>
>> $ kpsewhich --progname lualatex lilyglyphs.sty
>> /usr/local/texlive/2019/texmf-dist/tex/lualatex/lilyglyphs/lilyglyphs.sty
>>
>> With lyluatex.sty both xelatex find the file in the local tree, but with lilyglyphts.sty xelatex
>> finds it correctly while lualatex suddenly finds the TL version.
>
> tex doesn't search first the local tree and then the global tree. It
> does a sort of zigzag: For lualatex e.g. if will first look in all
> trees in tex/lualatex, then in all trees in tex/latex etc.

Yes, that's what I thought (I think I was told so by you in an earlier question ...)

> Your lilyglyphs.sty is in tex/lualatex in the main tree, but in
> tex/latex in the local tree and so the main file is found first.

No, it is in *both* trees (through the symlink), that's what makes this so strange to me.
And no matter which symlink I remove (so it can be found in both trees, only the latex tree or only the luatex tree), the result is the same.

And even more surprising: The situation is the same with the lyluatex file, which *is* found locally before in the distribution.

Urs