Compilation time using TeXLive 2019 under WSL in window 10

Pablo González L pablgonz at educarchile.cl
Fri Jul 26 17:33:28 CEST 2019

Hello everyone, just out of curiosity and following the thread
(https://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2019-July/043876.html) I have installed
Ubuntu 18.04 on Windows 10 and TeXLive2019 to run the test.
In both cases the installation is full and updated to date. Using "time" I have
tried to compare how long it takes to compile "sample2e" and here are
the results
(.exe indicates that I use the version installed directly in win10):

pablo at win10x64:/mnt/d/test-speed$ time latex.exe
-interaction=nonstopmode sample2e
real    0m1.508s
user    0m0.016s
sys     0m0.000s

pablo at win10x64:/mnt/d/test-speed$ time latex -interaction=nonstopmode sample2e
real    0m0.474s
user    0m0.203s
sys     0m0.141s

pablo at win10x64:/mnt/d/test-speed$ time pdflatex.exe
-interaction=nonstopmode sample2e
real    0m2.229s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.000s

pablo at win10x64:/mnt/d/test-speed$ time pdflatex
-interaction=nonstopmode sample2e
real    0m0.723s
user    0m0.438s
sys     0m0.188s

pablo at win10x64:/mnt/d/test-speed$ time lualatex.exe
-interaction=nonstopmode sample2e
real    0m3.166s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.000s

pablo at win10x64:/mnt/d/test-speed$ time lualatex
-interaction=nonstopmode sample2e
real    0m1.554s
user    0m1.016s
sys     0m0.391s

pablo at win10x64:/mnt/d/test-speed$ time xelatex.exe
-interaction=nonstopmode sample2e
real    0m4.266s
user    0m0.000s
sys     0m0.016s

pablo at win10x64:/mnt/d/test-speed$ time xelatex -interaction=nonstopmode sample2e
real    0m2.158s
user    0m1.109s
sys     0m0.813s

I know that TeXLive is faster in Linux because of the access to disk, libraries
and others (I use fedora habitually), the curious thing is that when using
Ubuntu (under WSL) it runs faster than the native version of Win10, the
difference when using "pdflatex" is quite big. Can any of the members of the
list explain to me why?
Saludos