Relative paths with windows path separator does not work in TeXlive2019.

Paul Gessler pdgessler at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 12:01:51 CEST 2019

I do not have a Windows machine to hand to test, but would adding your
input file's path to the TEXINPUTS environment variable suffice for
your use case? Only do this when you need to find files with this type
of path specification, not in general. I _think_ it will do what
you're after, without needing to add another command line option. I
could be wrong (please someone tell me/Kirill if so).

Paul