Relative paths with windows path separator does not work in TeXlive2019.

Taylor, P P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk
Fri Jul 26 11:50:12 CEST 2019

Kirill Balunov wrote:

Hmm, thanks again. It is clear that everything is not easy with this option. Then what do you think about the additional option `-input-directory=` that will also be as good as  `-output-directory=`?  Or do you think this is an overkill for this?

It seems a very logical extension to me, but whether our group of TeX implementors would be in favour (or willing to invest the necessary time) is moot.
Philip Taylor