Relative paths with windows path separator does not work in TeXlive2019.

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 11:42:39 CEST 2019

Hi

pá 26. 7. 2019 v 11:32 odesílatel Kirill Balunov
<kirillbalunov at gmail.com> napsal:

> Hmm, thanks again. It is clear that everything is not easy with this option. Then what do you think about the additional option `-input-directory=` that will also be as good as  `-output-directory=`?  Or do you think this is an overkill for this?

If I call TeX from a script, I prefer doing "cd" to the directory with
the files and work in the current directory. It solves a lot of
potential problems. In addition, the script can test the retern code
from "cd" so that it can exit with a reasonable error message if the
directory does not exist. If you try to work with other directories,
you can, of course, implements tests for nonexistent files and
nonexistent -output-directory, but it would IMHO require more code.

> with kind regards,
> -gdg

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz