Undesirable nul file with tlmgr.bat under Windows

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Jul 22 02:24:21 CEST 2019

Hi Torsten,

> 2>&1 > nul everything is fine again. So, why not add it?

Because:
- we need to be sure that this change does not break any other system
- that this change is not a peculiarity of a certain version of cygwin
  and/or windows
- that we understand the reasons

> Therefore I don't see a urgent reason to change my setup.

I agree, and I propose to just ignore the nul file for now, or make the
changes you suggested after updates to texlive.infra (which doesn't
happen that often). I will look into at some point.

> >   * tlmgr platform add cygwin

Reinhard, on win32 platform support is not present, because links are
not supported.

> action `platform' not supported on Windows

Correct.

> tlmgr.pl: action platform returned an error; continuing.

Correct.

> Can't call method "option" on an undefined value at C:\TeX\texmf-dist\scripts\texlive\tlmgr.pl line 938.

Strange ... I need to look into that ... (3min later) ... fixed in svn.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc. + IFMGA ProGuide + TU Wien + JAIST + TeX Live + Debian Dev