Undesirable nul file with tlmgr.bat under Windows

Torsten Schuetze torsten.schuetze at gmx.net
Sun Jul 14 10:59:34 CEST 2019

Hi Norbert,

On 14/07/2019 06:23, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Can you please try:
> - create a temporary directory, empty
> - change into this directory
> - call
> 	tlmgr --repository https://ftp.rrze.uni-erlangen.de/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/ update --list
>
> After this, do you see the "nul" file?

no nul file.

> If not, then do
> 	tlmgr --repository ctan update --list
> After this, do you see the "nul" file?

Yes. nul file created. -rw-rw-r--+ 1 schuetze None 9189 Oct 29  2016 nul

Contents  CTAN starting page.

Does the updater use the cygwin wget or its own wget? I suppose the latter.

Ciao,

Torsten

PS: I used tlmgr.bat instead of tlmgr. Otherwise I would have to create
a tlmgr script file as Josef Kleber suggested. But I don't see that this
solves my problem, it's just a shortcut.