Undesirable nul file with tlmgr.bat under Windows

Torsten Schuetze torsten.schuetze at gmx.net
Fri Jul 12 08:50:15 CEST 2019

On 12/07/2019 08:32, Norbert Preining wrote:
>> Now I get a nul file of size 9189 byte from the second step, load remote. I suppose its somewhere at the beginning of load remote since it is the starting page of the CTAN mirror.
> What is the *contents* of the file?

Hi Norbert,

this differs from call to call. I am now at my desktop (sorry, deleted
the last nul file on my laptop). If I repeat the experiment I get this
time a nul file of size 4028. I attach the contents, this time its the
Index of CTAN. So, the contents of the nul file seems to be timing
dependent, perhaps depending on the response time of the CTAN mirror?

Torsten