Undesirable nul file with tlmgr.bat under Windows

Torsten Schütze torsten.schuetze at gmx.net
Thu Jul 11 22:59:17 CEST 2019

> Am 11.07.2019 um 20:31 schrieb Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de>:
>
> I suppose that you have to install the Cygwin binaries as well:
>
>   tlmgr platform add cygwin
>
> You have to do this under Windows.

You mean with the current TeXLive Installation under C:\TeX? Not with the cygwin packet manager setup-x86_64.exe?
> I don't think that what you do ATM can work reliably.

It worked for several years. What I changed recently is that I now use the command line tlmgr.bat update —all while I used the gui before. But with the recent changes. TclTk -> tcshell I prefer now the faster cmd line.

The reason why I call tlmgr.bat under Cygwin and not under Windows cmd is that at work I am behind a Proxy. And adding export_httpproxy=... in .bashrc is  fairly easy.

I didn‘t know that I am running an unsupported configuration (I am not quite convinced.) And except from this small nul annoyance everything is fine.
Are the cygwin and win32 binary versions always the same?

I will see if I can try your tip tomorrow

Thanks
Torsten