Can't install tl2019 - UI broken

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Jul 9 21:39:24 CEST 2019

On Tue, Jul 09, 2019 at 01:11:51PM +0200, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> I am not subscribed to the list, so please excuse the incorrect sorting of this mail.
>

> Thank you Siep for the update, it works better than before, but still not really well:
>
> When I click on the "change" button in the first dialog (to change the installation directory - the top image I've sent before), I get to a new window. The text field when I click the middle change button is deactivated on the first click. So I have to click cancel and go into the directory again.

> There are other things that were a bit surprising in the tl2019 installer: For example the first window with the CTAN selection disappears too quickly to be able to change the mirror. And when I am able to change the mirror, the program exits on the command line with an error such as:
>
>  ./install-tl
> kill: 86212: No such process
>
> and then re-appears with English as the UI language (instead of the previous auto selected German).

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look into these glitches. As to the
first window disappearing too quickly: apparently you expected
something like the option -select-repository, which is not yet
implemented for this gui. The intent was instead to give users a way
out if they hit a non-responsive or non-existent repository.

--
Siep Kroonenberg