[tex-live] Texlive 2018 doesn't support on redhat/centos 6

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jan 25 22:54:50 CET 2019

    I update glibc on my Centos 6.5 from glibc-2.12 to glibc-2.14 as follow:

Although the TeX sources themselves have not notably changed, the ICU
and poppler (used by xetex among others) versions in TL18 require the
newer glibc.

I have no way to know, but my guess is that your update has made the
libraries/compilers/kernel inconsistent in some way. I am not surprised
by the crash. I don't have any useful clues about how to debug, or get a
usable xetex binary. Sorry.

I compiled all the non-2.14 binaries from TL18 for 2.12; see:
  http://tug.org/texlive/bugs.html
  http://tug.org/texlive/custom-bin.html
This set does not include xetex or luatex. -k