[tex-live] installation of revtex4-1 is faulty

Collins, John C jcc8 at psu.edu
Fri Jan 18 16:25:06 CET 2019

On 1/18/19 10:20 AM, Enrico Gregorio wrote:
>> On 18 Jan 2019, at 16:17, Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:
>>
>> .. all files are installed in the doc folder.
>

> The files in
>
> texmf-dist/doc/latex/revtex4-1/tex/latex/revtex/
>
> should be in
>
> texmf-dist/tex/latex/revtex4-1/revtex/

Shouldn't that be

   texmf-dist/tex/latex/revtex4-1/

and correspondingly for the other files?

By the way, on the APS website for ReVTex at
https://journals.aps.org/revtex there is an updated version of the
revtex package, which has the v 4.1 files (and bug corrections to some
.bst files). This version is not (yet) on CTAN. The updated version has
the old v. 4.1 files alongside the v. 4.2 in the same directories, i.e.,
they are in texmf-dist/tex/latex/revtex etc.  I'm not sure that's ideal.

John Collins