last build of tl18 tonight

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Feb 28 15:46:47 CET 2019

Hi,

On Thu, 28 Feb 2019, Simon Spiegel wrote:
> While this is a bug in microtype and while there is an easy workaround, I think it still makes sense to discuss whether a TL freeze at this very moment is indeed a smart decision. Many documents will break because of this bug and I am not sure whether it is wise to freeze TL exactly at a point where such a prominent bug appears.

All nice and fine, but TL got frozen *before* this bug was reported, and
we have already commited updates to binaries etc etc.

Sorry, this is a pain indeed, and I agree that the luaotfload update
should have been better timed or better tested, but that is life.

I don't think we can easily update tlnet to fix this chaos. And anyway,
there is no microtype update available ...

@Karl The only option if at all possible is to *manually* create a new
microtype .tar.xz, and update the tlpdb with a revision+1 for microtype,
and do the signing etc manually. *IF* we want to do this, let me know.

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer