context update in TeX Live

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 21:51:57 CET 2019

On Sun, 24 Feb 2019 at 21:44, Hans Hagen wrote:

> But for luatex 1.10 one needs a recent context.

True, but LuaTeX 1.10 won't be shipped with TeX Live for another few
months. The LuaTeX sources have been committed, but the binaries
haven't even been built (other than for testing purposes) and
committed yet.

If we push the latest version of ConTeXt now, users will end up with
one-year-old LuaTeX + latest ConTeXt, which will almost definitely
break. We need to wait until March 1st at least (or whenever the
freeze happens).

Mojca