no more subject prefix for tex-live mailing list

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Feb 20 23:39:56 CET 2019

Hi - I've removed the "[tex-live]" prefix on Subject lines from this
mailing list (tex-live)'s messages. It is my hope that this will stop
the ever-increasing flood of dmarc failures

This was first noticed with Yahoo, long ago, which hardly mattered, then
with icloud etc., which was worse, and now I see it from other
institutions and (occasionally) gmail.  It is hard to discern exactly
when the errors happen, but they are increasingly common.

The List-Id: header identifies the mailing list for mailing list
messages. I know it is less convenient, but that is the Internet today.

I'm going to do this on other tug lists too, eventually all of them.

I despise the need to kowtow to dmarc's breaking of standard mailing
list usage, but there is no viable alternative. Sigh. -k