[tex-live] latex+dvipdfmx reports glyphs issues when used with garamond option from mathdesign

Ralph Martin ralphrmartin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:22:28 CET 2019

Jean-François

it seems I did not do what I thought I did the first time.

I have just double checked I was using dvipdfmx. Clearly I was not. Now that I am, indeed I do in fact get the same result as you:

dvipdfmx:warning: Glyph width mismatch for TFM and font (md-gmri7m)
dvipdfmx:warning: TFM: 479.792 vs. Type1 font: 478
dvipdfmx:warning: Glyph width mismatch for TFM and font (md-gmr7t)
dvipdfmx:warning: TFM: 760.843 vs. Type1 font: 758
dvipdfmx:warning: Glyph width mismatch for TFM and font (md-gmr7y)
dvipdfmx:warning: TFM: 297.109 vs. Type1 font: 296

Perhaps I should just crawl back under my rock and shut up.

Ralph