Metadata for the TeX Live Guides

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Dec 14 00:06:46 CET 2019

Hi Takuto,

    I noticed that there are no doc metadata in the tlpdb for

The details="" and other such strings come from the TeX Catalogue. The
TL manual is not on CTAN, hence not in the Catalogue, hence no extra
strings.

And, to be honest, the descriptions seem entirely redundant to me (no
more information than is already in the filename), so I'm not enthused
about setting up a new mechanism to add them. Calling them "metadata"
seems rather too grandiose.

Anyway, I know texdoc prefers results with such "metadata", but I
think/hope any resulting issues could/should be resolved in the
software. --best, karl.