Windows installer, failure, restarted with generated profile

khzimmer at posteo.de khzimmer at posteo.de
Wed Dec 11 14:38:38 CET 2019

Hi Norbert,

might it be there's a concept problem?

If I want to install TeX Live I typically want to install a released
version (mostly: the newest, I guess) -- but not install a changing
system.

So if installation fails due to checksum error of the n-th file, I would
expect the next installation-run to resume with that very file:

Instead of deleting the complete tmp folder then only that damadged file
would be deleted.

Nothing would have changed on the server in between: Because I do not
access trunk, but the newest released(!) version of TeX Live.

:)  At least that's what I (as a user) would like to be able to do.

Cheers

Karl-Heinz