Spacing with Font Roboto

Marcel Fabian Krüger tex at 2krueger.de
Wed Dec 11 00:49:28 CET 2019

On Tue, Dec 10, 2019 at 05:09:28PM -0500, Bob Tennent wrote:
>  >|Anyway, would it be an option to keep the OTF fonts but "rescale" them
>  >|to 1000 em size. I think that's the usual approach here. In fontforge,
>  >|that can be done by just changing the em size. Then fontforge takes care
>  >|to rescale everything so that no difference can be seen.
>
> I can do that for a single font but for all 32 of the
> fonts in the family, I'd need a script. I've asked on the
> fontforge-users mail list:

If you have the fontforge python library installed, you can use the
script

#!/usr/bin/python3
from sys import argv
import fontforge
for file in argv[1:]:
    font=fontforge.open(file)
    font.em = 1000
    font.generate(file)

Usage is quite simple: Pass all OTF files as arguments, they are
modified in-place.

Marcel