64 bits version of TeXLive (pretest 2020) on Windows

Pablo González L pablgonz at educarchile.cl
Mon Dec 9 01:04:29 CET 2019

Hello, I think this request is something old
(https://tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2016-June/038727.html) but I would like to
put it back on the table.

I know that Akira Kakuto-san makes the 64-bit version of TeXLive available in
CTAN/systems/win32/w32tex/TLW64/ and that by following the instructions you can
install it without major complications.

Nowadays (at least in my country) it is quite difficult to buy or get a 32-bit
computer, most of the manufacturers have opted for 64 architecture, this said,
will it be possible to include in the "pretest" version the binaries for 64?

I'm not saying that the version of 32 is eliminated, only that the version of 64
is available to install it.

Greetings
Pablo