versioning TeXlive packages on CTAN

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Aug 25 16:30:14 CEST 2019

Brook Milligan wrote:

> In the face of much more grandiose possibilities, please do not lose
> track of the first simple step that I am identifying. That would cost
> no more resources and would solve the biggest problem. Others can
> build upon that as needed and as resources become available.

You remind me of the standard response that any suggestion for
improvement would elicit when made to our (British) computer
manufacturers in the 1970s — "Thank you for your suggestion. However, it
offers only a partial solution to the deeper problem, and as we do not
have the resources to address the deeper problem, we propose to do
nothing at all".

A paraphrase, of course, but that was the underlying message.

Philip Taylor