Crash at installation of texlive 2019 on windows

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Thu Aug 22 10:03:36 CEST 2019

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 10:42:59PM +0200, Casper Lorentzen wrote:
> I have been trying to install the newest version of TexLive on my new
> Windows 10 computer using the install-tl-windows.exe (18mb) file. However,
> my computer crashes and goes blue screen when the end of the installation.
> My friend has a similar problem installing Tex, his installation can’t be
> completed, though he does not get a blue screen. Do you know how to fix
> this, or do you think it might be a complication caused by new updates of
> Windows 10 that you will try to fix?

The installer has been tested with the most recent versions of
Windows 10.

Try the unpack option, then run the unpacked install-tl-windows.bat.
Then you might get a better view on what is going on.

For testing purposes, you might want to click the advanced button
and select a smaller scheme: basic or even minimal.

--
Siep Kroonenberg