Error in tlmrg/tlshell on Win7

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Wed Aug 21 11:32:15 CEST 2019

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 10:36:21AM +0200, Bernhard Kleine wrote:
> When I tried to update the Texlive files today, I encountered the
> following error. The manager never stopped to show "busy" (läuft).
>
> How to get tlmgr working again?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bernhard

> can't read "::active_cls": no such variable
> can't read "::active_cls": no such variable

Start a command-prompt (an administrative command-prompt if it is an
administrative install) and give the following two commands:

tlmgr update --self
tlmgr update tlshell

The problem is that tlshell.tcl got out of sync with a file that it
depends on. Both files are now in the same package, so this should
not happen again.

--
Siep Kroonenberg