running as apache user does not work, why?

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 22:42:30 CEST 2019

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 at 21:03, mario chiari <ml at mariochiari.net> wrote:

> > > it puzzles me why I do not need anything special to compile when I
> call the
> > > 2016 texlive

You were calling pdftex by full path so most of the time it will work even
if you are using an account which does not have the texlive 2019 bin in its
path, but the log you showed initially showed that on that document a
missing font caused it to run mktextfm to try to generate the font with
metafont, so at that point it picks up the wrong script as the path is
wrong and thing go bad.  Presumably by now your texlive 2016 setup has most
fonts generated that are needed and so you get lucky more often.

David