A minor MacTeX packaging bug

Josh Tilles merelyapseudonym at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 22:12:29 CEST 2019

Installing the MacTeX 2019 package results in a file at `/etc/paths.d/TeX`
that has a couple extra line feeds:

```sh-session
$ cat /etc/paths.d/TeX
/Library/TeX/texbin

$
```

These extra newlines cause recent versions of the fish shell to add `.`
(i.e., the current directory) to the PATH. To be fair, for all I know this
may actually be the result of some bug in fish—but I also doubt that those
extra lines in `/etc/paths.d/TeX` are intended.

Anyway, thanks for all of the work you all put in to TeX Live + MacTeX. And
please let me know if anything is unclear or if you need any more
information.
- Josh

P.S. For the curious: I believe the fish behavior I mentioned above was
introduced in https://github.com/fish-shell/fish-shell/pull/4852.