texlive pretest: updmap under Windows in an auxtree doesn't work

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Fri Apr 19 16:21:24 CEST 2019

Hi,

just to add what Ulrike said:

> Because texlive itself comes with a file called libertine.map:
> I'm not sure what would happen if I tried to enable a second libertine.map, which resides in my auxiliary tree.

In this case you don't have to activate or add this map, but can simply
override it. updmap will use the updmap that is found via "kpsewhich",
that is all.

> So I tried to avoid confusing tlmgr. Without the full path the command to enable the second libertine.map would not have been unambiguous.

That doesn't work like this. ALl map files are searched via kpsewhich. I
am not sure whether full path would work at all, though ...

> Or is tlmgr smart enough to sort that out?

Not a question of tlmgr, if at all of "updmap", which does it simply via
kpsewhcih.

> \pdfmapfile{="C:/Users/aw/TEXMF-TREES/libertinetree/fonts/map/dvips/libertine-legacy/libertine.map"}

Yes, this always works.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer