[Vorstand] Call for testing: TeX Collection 2019

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Apr 16 16:14:44 CEST 2019

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 01:13:53PM +0200, Martin Sievers wrote:
> Am 14.04.2019 um 07:58 schrieb Manfred Lotz:
> > Hi folks,
> > The tex collection image for 2019 is available for testing at
> >      http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2019.iso
> >
> > Checksums are available as:
> >   http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2019.iso.md5
> > or
> >   http://tug.org/~manfred/texcol2019.iso.sha256
> >
> > The same as last year I just make assumptions what could be possibly
> > tested by you. Feel free to do whatever you can do.
>
> Dear all,
>
> I installed TL 2019 full-scheme on Windows 7 in user-mode and tried to
> start the tlmanager from the windows menu afterwards.
>
> I got an error in the startup script (see attached screenshot) followed
> by another error.
>
> Has anybody else yet tested on Windows 7?

Yes.

The log contained the following line:

> Warning: conflicting [pdf]tex program found on the system path in C:\Program Files\MiKTeX\miktex\bin\x64\; not fixable in user mode.

Apparently, a mutliuser miktex got in the way of a single-user TL.
Note that the system path is PREpended to the user path to obtain
the effective path.

A workaround is to start up the TeX Live command-line from the TeX
Live menu and then give a command

  tlshell

For this command-line, the path should START with the TL binary path.

Still, I am a bit surprised that the runscript wrapper did not take
care of this.

--
Siep Kroonenberg