[tex-live] (no subject)

Martin Sievers martin at dante.de
Wed Sep 19 11:45:17 CEST 2018

Am 19.09.2018 um 11:37 schrieb George N. White III:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 at 19:44, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:
>>
>> On 2018-09-18 at 15:45:01 -0400, Michael Shell wrote:
>>
>>  > Sandisk 16GB USB flash drives can now be had for $5.49:
>>
>> Still much too expensive in order to offer them for free to members of
>> TeX user groups.  DVDs are very cheap.
>
> You have to buy a new DVD every year.    USB flash drives could be
> returned for updating.   Local user groups could do this with disk to
> disk copying.

To be honest, I am not convinced, that 2000 members of DANTE e.V. (or at
least a significant part) will return their USB flash drives. Secondly,
I don't want our secretary or anybody else to copy the data to 2000 USB
flash drives.

And again, we are talking about prices less than 0,50 EUR per DVD and
year for producing and shipping. Just shipping the USB flash drive back
to our members would be more expansive.

Best regards
Martin