[tex-live] url.sty

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 15:38:20 CEST 2018

On Sat, 15 Sep 2018 at 06:58, Hoffmann, Jobst <j.hoffmann at fh-aachen.de> wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> whenever I want to have a look at the url package documentation by
>
> texdoc url
>
> the .sty file gets displayed. Entering
>
> texdoc -s url
>
> shows url.pdf as second entry in the list.
>
> Is this behaviour intended?

It might help to mention the platform and TL version (e.g., year and
whether you installed the
CTAN version or used some linux distribution version).

Problems like this may be due to an old misplaced file or a
non-standard search path.
Please check the output of "texdoc -l url".   On my x86_64-linux
system I see only the full path
"[...]/texmf-dist/doc/latex/url/url.pdf" for a couple TL versions.

--
George N. White III