[tex-live] ICC profiles for PDF/A compliance

Peter Selinger selinger at mathstat.dal.ca
Wed Sep 12 03:39:13 CEST 2018

My only concern would be if people install the pdfx package
individually from CTAN, they have to go through the extra (and not
obvious) step of installing the new icc package as well. I don't see
any significant downside to simply making this 2k file part of the
pdfx package, or any significant upside to creating a new global
location for this one file.

There are other things that the pdfx package contains, such as
glyph-to-unicode mappings, which can in principle also be re-used by
other packages. But ultimately one cannot make a separate package for
each file, so I think it is better to keep related files together.

This is just my 2c, but you guys are the experts on this so ultimately
I agree with whatever you decide. -- Peter