[tex-live] ICC profiles for PDF/A compliance

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Sep 11 23:09:52 CEST 2018

    And where should it be installed? Into the pdfx directory or
            texmf-dist/tex/generic/icc

It should go in texmf-dist/tex/generic/<pkgname>, where <pkgname> is
*what gets uploaded to CTAN*. Please do not create it on the fly in TL
just because you can :).

As for what <pkgname> should be, how about "colorprofile"? Because, are
all profiles really "ICC"? In any case, I don't feel strongly about the
name.

As for a new top-level directory instead, Mojca, do you have an argument
to advance for it? As far as I can see, it would cause churn in many
search paths with no offsetting advantage. tex/generic seems simpler to
me in every way. --best, karl.