[tex-live] ICC profiles for PDF/A compliance

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 03:06:46 CEST 2018

On Wed, 5 Sep 2018 at 23:10, Karl Berry wrote:

>     GS is GPL-licenced, so I assume those files fall under the same licence
>
> I hope so, but it's not a safe assumption.

I'll try to dig further, but given that Debian already packages those
files, I assume there is a reasonable chance that they would be free
enough

> It would be nice to have more
> .icc files.

Unfortunately a lot of those files might be non-free.

>     - default_cmyk.icc
>     - default_gray.icc
>     - default_rgb.icc
>     plus one more file from http://www.eci.org/en/downloads
>
> Is there any information anywhere on the licensing of those specific
> files, rather than just being in the same tarball?

I'll try to dig further.
Ironically a GS update just broke asymptote for me due to apparent
inability to find default_gray.icc.

>     What would have to be done to make these profiles a viable inclusion
>     for TeX Live?
>
> Lacking specific license information, ask the GS/ECI people to make a
> statement about it.

I just did.

Thank you very much,
    Mojca