[tex-live] ICC profiles for PDF/A compliance

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Sep 6 01:45:34 CEST 2018

HI Karl, hi Mojca, hi all,

a few comments from the Debian side:

sRGB_IEC61966-2-1_black_scaled.icc is non-free and should be removed
from TeX Live.

See the long thread of discussion about that here
and the final clarification of the license in 2017.

I know I should have written about it earlier, but it completely dropped
out of my memory.

We should inform Ross that he removes/replaces the files in his package,
and the file should be removed from TeX Live.

>     GS is GPL-licenced, so I assume those files fall under the same licence
>
> I hope so, but it's not a safe assumption. It would be nice to have more
> .icc files.

I agree with Karl here. Too much black voodoo and huge assumptions,
including wrong statements on websites.

Unless there is a clear statement of ECI I would not include any of
them.

Best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer